You are hereHome» 2017 Acquisition and Small Business Excellence Awards Nominations Now Open!
2017 Acquisition and Small Business Excellence Awards Nominations Now Open!
Published on November 21, 2016
As part of the efforts to recognize acquisition professionals who contribute to outstanding improvements in acquisition throughout the Federal Government, the Chief Acquisition Officers Council (CAOC) is seeking nominations for the 2017 Acquisition Excellence Awards and Small Business Excellence Award. Nominations are being solicited for federal employees engaged in team or individual activities that led to excellent results in any of the following five acquisition categories in FY 2016:
Acquisition Excellence Award:
- Category #1 – Program Management: Demonstrated programmatic excellence and success by balancing the many factors that influence cost, schedule, and performance. Demonstrated the ability to interpret and tailor application of the FAR, and ensured that a high-quality, affordable, supportable, and effective product was delivered to the customer. The program should have utilized innovative methods for management to include the use of risk management.
- Category #2 – Innovation: Developed an innovative solution for acquisition or pathway to drive innovation. The innovative solution can be in any acquisition area, such as developing a challenge to obtain an innovative solution to a requirement, developing an innovative acquisition process to get the best solution, utilizing strategies from the TechFAR handbook or the Digital Services Playbook that resulted in an innovative solution, or developing innovation in acquisition training for the workforce, among others. Acquisition labs that are helping to accelerate internal capacity to facilitate innovative solutions will also be considered.
- Category #3 – Category Management: Demonstrated excellence and success in category management, including, but not limited to: increasing savings/cost avoidance, reducing unnecessary contract duplication while meeting small business goals, effective supplier engagement, and bringing additional spend under management.
One individual and one team Acquisition Excellence Award will be given – the awards can be in any of the three categories.
Small Business Excellence Award:
- Category #1 – Effective Collaboration: Individuals or teams engaged in collaboration between their Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), the program management office, and the contracting office that led to awards that were successful from both a small business and an acquisition perspective in FY 2016.
- Category #2 – Use of Small Business Tools to Maximize Opportunities for Small Businesses: Individuals or teams that maximized opportunities for small businesses using the authority to reserve one or more contract awards when conducting multiple-award procurements using full and open competition, or using the authority to set aside part or parts of a multiple-award contract (see FAR 19.502-4).
One individual or one team Small Business Excellence Award will be given – the award can be in either of the two categories.
We will be using a two-step process that allows for a streamlined initial nomination. These nominations are being accepted through March 20, 2017. To nominate an individual or team, please provide the following:
- Organization name, nominee’s name(s), title(s), email address(es), phone number(s)
- Name, e-mail address, and phone number of the nominee(s)’ direct supervisor
- Short description of the effort (limited to 300 words), focusing on results and impact
- Cost savings or other metrics demonstrating results (submission must include quantifiable results)
- Your name, title, organization name, e-mail address and phone number
Nominations are being accepted through March 20, 2017. The awards will be presented at Acquisition Excellence in Washington, D.C. in Summer, 2017. To learn more and nominate an individual or team, visit the Award Submission form. Individuals interested in previewing the entire award submission form may download a PDF template. This PDF is for informational purposes only; all submissions must be made using the web-based Award Submission form. If you have additional questions regarding the nomination process, please contact Joanie Newhart, Associate Administrator, Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP) at email@example.com or 202-395-4821.