You are hereHome» FAC-PPM Training is Here!!
FAC-PPM Training is Here!!
Published on August 12, 2016
FAI is very pleased to announce its FAC-PPM training schedule for FY2017.
- FPM 121, the classroom component of the FAC-PPM level 1 training that follows FPM 120
- The full series of training for FAC-PPM levels 2 & 3
- New offerings for the FAC-PPM IT Core Plus curriculum
Please review the schedule and register for these classes as soon as you can. Seats will fill up quickly.
Students should also review the course profiles. Course profiles provide descriptions, objective, schedules, and pre-classroom work expectations.
FAC-PPM Level 1
FAC-PPM Level 2
FAC-PPM Level 3
FAC-PPM IT Core Plus
Virtual Synchronous Training
FAI has been piloting virtual synchronous training for FAC-COR and FAC-C courses. Virtual Instructor-Led Training (vILT) classes have proven so successful that FAI is expanding their use for selected FAC-PPM courses.
These vILT classes are hosted by FAI’s training provider on the Adobe Connect platform and can be taken from anywhere. Students simply need an internet connection, a computer with a web browser, and a landline phone to utilize a toll-free teleconference number. Please note that each student will need to pass a diagnostic test to determine whether their systems meet the requirements for Adobe Connect. This test will be conducted by the training provider. More information can be found in the FAC-PPM Virtual Instructor-Led Training Technical Requirements.
The obvious benefit of vILT classes is that students avoid travel, hotel, and per diem costs they might otherwise incur. The further benefit is the greater networking opportunities with fellow Federal employees from (potentially) around the world and the greater opportunity for students to maintain their workload during training.
To register for these offerings:
- Login to FAITAS
- Navigate to Manage Career | Training | Course Catalog or click the Course Catalog button under the My Current Training widget in your FAITAS Dashboard.
- In the School field of the filter options, check FAI to refine the results displaying only FAI classes.
- Use other filter options to refine the course results you see at the bottom of the page like entering a Course ID or keywords into the Search Courses field.
- Move the cursor over the Course Card for the course in which you are interested. The card will flip and display a brief description of the course.
- Click the Details/Apply button to open the Course Details window.
Click the Class Schedule button to view a list of upcoming class offerings for the selected course.
- NOTE: Virtual Instructor-Led Training, please select your City and State as “Virtual Class, DC”
- Click on a class number button in the Class column to view Prerequisites, Class Dates, and Class Location.
- Click the Apply button to create a Training Request for this class offering. Enter remarks or attach supporting documentation as necessary.
- Click Submit Request at the bottom of the Training Request page to submit the request to your Supervisor.
All FAI Virtual Instructor-Led Training (vILT) classes have a “location” of Virtual Class, VA. You can find other vILT classes by searching this location using the Advanced Search feature of the Search for Training function in FAITAS.