This page contains helpful links and resources related to workforce management.
FedScope is an online tool developed by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) that allows customers to access and analyze the most popular data elements from OPM's Enterprise Human Resources Integration-Statistical Data Mart (EHRI-SDM). As a member of the Federal acquisition workforce, you could use FedScope to
- Learn about the composition of your agency's acquisition workforce e.g., Age, Pay Grade, Length of Service, etc..
- Benchmark your agency's acquisition workforce against other agencies
- Generate a variety of reports to help you conduct an in-depth analysis of your agency's acquisition human capital needs
The Office of Federal Procurement Policy, as amended, 41 U.S.C. 401 et seq. and (FAR Subpart 4.6) requires the Administrator for Federal Procurement Policy to establish a computer-based Federal Procurement Data System for collecting, developing and disseminating procurement data to the Congress, Executive Branch and private sector. The Federal Procurement Data System Program Management Office (FPDS PMO) within the Office of the Integrated Acquisition Environment (IAE) oversees the operation of the Federal Procurement Data System Next Generation (FPDS-NG). The General Services Administration’s (GSA) contractor operates and maintains the FPDS-NG. The Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP) requires that each Department and Agency certify annually that all data within FPDS-NG is valid and complete.
As a member of the Federal acquisition workforce, you could use FPDS-NG to
- Stay current on Federal procurement news and policy updates
- Research historical Federal agencies' procurement contracts
- Collect data to conduct effective price analyses of proposals
The following are instructions for running various reports within FPDS-NG. These instructions are similar to the guidance provided to Acquisition Career Managers (ACMs) during the Acquisition Human Capital Planning Process.